Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Memories

Today I was planting a hanging basket of tomatoes and of strawberries and it made me think of my grandpa Baker (James Edward Baker Sr.). When we moved to Woodland California, Grandma and Grandpa Baker moved their trailer behind our house. We had about 3/4 of an acre and since grandpa was retired, he decided to go back to farming. He planted a fairly large garden and my mom would say if you didn't watch grandpa he would plant another row of sweet corn. He loved his sweet corn. I remember a metal bucket of corn kernels in the wash room for planting for the longest time. Even after my grandfather died we still had a small garden, but just not as big.

I would go out in the garden and pick tomatoes and eat them fresh off the vine. I still enjoy a good tomato!

No comments: