Sunday, April 18, 2010

Quaker dates

This week I decided to go back and changes some of the dates in my database. It use to be you had to convert Quaker dates, but now the program I have, RootsMagic, I can enter the Quaker dates. That means I can enter the dates as they are recorded in the records and there would not be any possibility of converting the dates wrong. (For those who don't know, before the year 1752, the year use to start on 1 April instead of 1 January and the Quaker dates are written using a month number and not a name. ie 5mo 3d 1800 is May 3, 1800). I have many dates that were converted wrong and so records don't match. They look like the person was born on two different days months apart. However, the different dates are just one person converted the date wrong and one person converted it correctly. That is why I'm excited about being able to put the actual Quaker dates in and not having to convert them. I can convert them in my notes.

No comments: